8 Steps to Home Buying
1. Deciding to Buy - Deciding to purchase a home is a large decision. One that you will spend considerable time thinking over whether it’s for your dream home, a rental property or expanding your investment portfolio.
2. Define Your Goals and Research Financial Options - Are you looking to move to a new location closer to work? Need a larger home to expand your family? Planning ahead for your children’s school district? Whatever you may be looking for a Real Estate Agent can help you clearly define your goals and work with your budget when looking for a home.
3. Contact a Real Estate Agent - Buying a home isn’t an easy endeavor. No two transactions are a like and there is a lot of potential hinderances that can come up. Hiring a professional will help ease the process and guide you through the property search, financing, negotiation and transaction processes.
4. Get Pre-Approved For A Loan - This can be done before you begin viewing homes if you want to be secure in what you are able to offer. You can also do this after you’ve found the home you want to make the offer on.
5. Shop for Your Home - This is the fun part! Your Real Estate Agent can send you listings customized to your specific criteria and once you narrow down what you would like to see in person, they can set everything up so all you need to do is tour the home.
6. Make An Offer And Negotiations - Your Real Estate Agent will help you to review all of the clauses in the contract and make sure you are delivering the offer you want to.
7. Secure Your Financing - You will be going back to your lender to finalize all details, if you were pre-approved already this should be pretty straightforward. If not, your Real Estate Agent is here to help you along the way.
8. Close The Deal - It’s time to sign the paperwork and get the keys to your new home!